Project Manager (EPC) A great opportunity has opened up for a proven Project Manager (EPC) to join my global energy Client in a permanent / staff position based in Sofia, Bulgaria. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate solid experience within an EPC environment, preferably within solar PV projects. The successful candidate will join my client's construction management team and manage all aspects of the assigned projects throughout their life cycle and ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget, while minimising risks and maximising margins on a variety of projects across Bulgaria. The Project Manager (EPC) will report directly to the Project Director
The role of Project Manager (EPC) will involve, but not be limited to:
- managing a project from inception to completion, ensuring that it is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- undertake site surveys to establish local conditions which impact design, as well as researching local supply costs for inclusion in the project budget.
- work with the design & engineering team to review all project documents and information provided by a client/developer and throughout the design process.
- work with the project director to prepare a detailed project budget, which needs to be closely monitored throughout the life of the project.
- develop a detailed programme of works (PoW) to track progress.
- preparation of suppliers and subcontractor's contracts
- manage and supervise site engineers & subcontractors PoW and scope.
- ensure appropriate availability and allocation of resources.
- preparation of daily, weekly and monthly progress reports both internally and for clients
- manage project implementation activities, ensuring QHSE standards are met.
- perform risk assessments on the project and proactively solve any matters encountered on site in conjunction with the site Engineer (escalating to the project director if required)
- report to the project director any deviations from the PoW, budget or scope
- manage the relationship with the client, suppliers and subcontractors, as well as internal teams.
- create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- handover of the project to the internal O&M team
Essential Skills / Qualifications: The Project Manager (EPC) will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical or civil engineering or other. MSc is considered an advantage.
- Certification in project management e.g., MBA / PMP / PRINCE II is considered an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of 5+ years in an EPC environment, experience in utility scale solar PV project management is advantageous.
- Working knowledge of MS Project and MS Office
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Professional levels of English
- EU driving licence
- Flexibility to travel to project sites in various locations whenever necessary.
- Open to candidates that are legally entitled to work in the EU
With a competitive salary, a strong pipeline of work and great prospects this is an ideal time to join my international Client.
If the above sounds like your next meaningful career move apply now in confidence
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search