We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to work for our trusted partner and successfully deliver complex projects on the Thames Water Framework. This role is available as permanent employment or as a 6+month contract. You will be full time site based at one of their STW projects in the OX10 area. Travel between site and head office in Reading is to be expected. Specific responsibilities include management of; health and safety, design, delivery, customer relations, quality, environmental, programme and the cost/value during both pre-production (ECI phase) and production. You will monitor the progress of offsite and onsite operations against deadlines and budget limitations, create a positive team culture and environment on your projects to support improved wellbeing and performance. Our client is a leading UK building, infrastructure, engineering and fit out company with extensive experience working across a range of sectors including healthcare, education, highways, infrastructure, environment and justice.Responsibilities:
- Safety, Health and Wellbeing: Provide inspirational leadership to deliver Thames Water and our "Zero Incidents, Zero Harm, Zero Compromise" goals.
- Project Management: Understand and put in place the basic requirements to reliably achieve expected project delivery programme, cost and quality performance in a modern manufacturing environment. Effectively and proactively manage change and risk.
- Productivity: Work with others to help achieve a step change in productivity which will include implementing robust quality management to achieve "right first time".
- Customer Focus: Establish and maintaining trusting and effective relationships with our immediate customer, Thames Water Operations supplying excellent service throughout project delivery.
- Culture: Fully embrace the Company's and Thames Water's cultural vision and consistently champion collaborative behaviours and our other core values.
- Digital Engineering: Work with our designer (Arcadis) and the supply chain to optimise the benefits of using digital tools and expertise to integrate our offsite and onsite delivery approach.
- Effective team management: Manage, support and mentor members of the project team in their personal development and identify competency gaps and training/mentoring requirements.
- Design Collaboration: Strong collaborative approach to integrate our own and supply chain expertise with our designers (Arcadis) expertise to maximise the opportunities for offsite manufacturing.
- Supply Chain: Fully integrate and engage with the supply chain to assess and develop their capabilities so that they positively contribute to our delivery capability and capacity.
- Develop Sustainable Solutions: Display a sound knowledge of sustainable construction solutions and manage engineering activities that contribute to sustainable development.
Supporting our Production Line approach:
- Work closely with our teams and supply chain partners to enhance their production line maturity.
- Embrace and implement production line approach on site including programme and logistics.
- Ensure the project/package teams challenge production line operations, achieving progress against plans and escalating and promptly resolving issues.
- Developing and managing production controls, driving continuous improvement.
- Ensure that management reporting is accurate and prompt.
- Driving continuous improvement of data analysis and reporting.
Line Management Responsibilities:
- Works as part of the Production Delivery Team.
- Reports to the Production or Construction Manager.
- Direct reports include: Agents, Engineers, Supervisors.
- Also has operational responsibility for the Offsite Manufacturing, Commercial, Mechanical, Electrical, Commissioning, Planning, Customer Service resources allocated to the project/package.
- Must have experience within the water sector (WTW, WWTW, STW)
- Excellent team leader with great people management skills and strong analytical, problem-solving, and organisational capabilities.
- Able to lead and inspire a diverse team.
- Contract administration experience desirable.
- Has excellent communication and customer service skills. Has an appreciation of MMC, Lean Construction, Agile Programme Management, Production Thinking, and other techniques that assure programme, cost and quality performance.
- Programme focused with an ability to plan and organise resources to deliver on time and in full.
- Recognises the many benefits of maintaining exemplary site organisation and tidiness.
- Commercially astute - lead other team members to produce accurate time and cost forecasts and reports.
- BIM/digital experience desirable.
- IT literacy essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a range of people.
- CSCS black card
- First Aid
- Minimum HNC qualified in a manufacturing/construction subject desirable.
- Professional Project Management qualification is desirable.
- DBS Check (can be obtained if not already in place)
- BPSS Security Clearance (can be obtained if not already in place)
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search