Hazardous Waste Manager - Stevenage £32000 - £39000 + benefits Job Introduction We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Hazardous Waste Manager to join our team in Stevenage. You will plan and organise waste shipments and the correct completion and maintenance of associated records and provide technical advice upon waste classification, packaging and disposal activities. You will use your experience and expertise to provide oversight to ensure the safe and compliant delivery of Hazardous Waste Management services across all sites. Main Responsibilities
- To ensure all aspects of Health & Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance within Waste Operations on sites under your responsibility are compliant.
- Legislative compliance. Ensuring that all aspects of waste operations on sites under your responsibility are conducted in accordance with all relevant statutory requirements and Codes of Practice.
- Management of the effluent sampling and testing programme ensuring samples are taken, stored, and dispatched in accordance with requirements.
- Management of Client relationships and expectations. Maintain formal and informal communications with Clients and Customers as required.
- Maintain and develop a positive working culture and team environment for employees through sound leadership, effective communication and delegation.
- Develop staff competence, confidence, capabilities and efficiency in the field of Hazardous Waste management.
- Provide expert waste advice and support partner waste producers, in conjunction with other waste staff and waste contractors.
- Provide waste data and progress Waste Operation's objectives
- Continuous review of the Waste Operations instructions and documentation.
- Follow all relevant SOP's and correctly use all IT systems as set out policies
The Ideal Candidate
- A qualification or relevant experience in Waste Management Operations preferably Pharmaceutical
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of UK Waste Regulations
- Proven leadership skills and financial acumen
- Experience in managing an outsourced service contract and adept at managing Client relationships
- Experience in auditing waste operations and facilities
- Excellent skills in Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
We are the most trusted workforce and specialist recruitment solutions group. Our Clients trust us, our Candidates love us Don't wait, apply today for this opportunity that offers amazing career development opportunities.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search