Cleanliness Process Engineer
Salary: Up to £45k/annum
Location: Hamble, Southampton
Our client is a world-renowned manufacturer of next generation fibre and optic products which are utilised within semiconductor applications and medical diagnostic devices, they utilise highly sophisticated laser production techniques in order to meet growing demand from their global customer base.
They are currently in a phase of rapid growth and expansion from both a people perspective and capital expenditure at their Hamble based facility. Their products are innovative and complex and their ethos is low volume and high quality. Our client are an integral part of a bigger group who are global leaders in providing next generation technology solutions to their customers.
To support the implementation and sustainment of clean-room and product cleanliness.
- Cleanliness Process Engineering Support.
- Provide Production line Cleanliness Process Engineering support to maintain OTD and Quality.
- Support clean-room cleanliness control.
- Support process qualification for operations and facilities.
- Support the development and cleanliness qualification of suppliers.
- Identify and implement projects and opportunities for cleanliness improvement.
- Utilise lean and problem-solving methodologies to drive continuous improvement.
- Statistical analysis including SPC.
- Process validation of new and existing equipment.
- Generate and maintain manufacturing support documentation such as SOP's, work instructions, maintenance, calibration, and test procedures.
- Support tool, jig, fixture, and gauge design for clean-room operations.
- Support the operations team in root cause investigation and CAPA.
- Ensure compliance with the company Quality Management System.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Degree or equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering (or other related field) or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience in Cleanliness Process Engineering (ISO Class 6 or higher).
- Knowledge of cleanliness methodologies for equipment and processes.
- Knowledge and experience of Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Experience of process validation and FMEA.
- Sound problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Attention to detail and record keeping.
- Tenacious and thorough approach to task completion.
- Good communication skills.
- Competent in MS Office Suite.
- Experience in optics/laser/instrumentation related industries (Highly Desirable).
- Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI) and industrialisation processes.
- Experience in using ERP systems (e.g., ORACLE, SAP).
- Understanding of ISO 9001 requirements.
- Experience in training others.
- Knowledge and experience of 8D Process, 5Y and Cause & Effect Diagrams.
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis and SPC.
- The Cleanliness Process Engineer must be able to demonstrate adaptability and flexibility within the role along with the ability to take responsibility and make decisions. It is vital that they are both a team leader and team player.
- Competent in production and development processes.
- Demonstrate understanding of production planning concepts including the role of work centres and routings.
- To follow relevant legal requirements and the Company Health & Safety Policy.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Have an understanding of the IP policy.
- Competent in the change control process.
- Must be computer literate (Excel - Intermediate standard, Word - Intermediate standard & PowerPoint - basic standard).
- All employees working within the clean-room or those required to support clean-room production throughout the Hamble site will be required to adhere to the Company's non-smoking protocol.
All employees are expected to strive to meet the company values of Excellence, Energy, Contribution, Integrity and Innovation.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search