Role - SHE Advisor (Civils / Onshore Turbine Installation)Location - ShetlandStart Date - ASAPDuration - 12 MonthsRotation - 15 Days on / 6 Days offDaily Rates - £300 - £350 Inside IR35 / £260 PAYE
Our Client is responsible for the development, construction and operation of the group's wind and hydro assets. We have a strong portfolio of operational renewable generation assets as well as an industry-leading development pipeline of projects across the UK and Ireland, particularly in the field of wind.We are currently recruiting a site-based Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Advisor to assist with the implementation of the company SHE management systems and monitoring project SHE performance in Shetland.
Description of role
This role will focus on supporting wind farm renewable projects, ensuring that the project is delivered safely and efficiently.The SHE Advisor is responsible for driving the implementation of the SHE management system and practices to ensure SHE standards and requirements are achieved throughout the construction project.The position will be within the Renewables Capital Projects SHE team. The site based She Advisor will report direct to the Wind Farm Project Manager on site matters with line management reporting to the Renewables Capital Projects SHE Manager.
SITE BASED SHE ADVISOR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote and encourage everyone on site to embrace the Safety Family while promoting a positive safety culture on the Wind Farm project through active involvement.
- Provide SHE support for Project Safety Reviews (PSR's), F10 notification information, Pre-Construction Information, site set up (mobilisation), SHE Risk Register, Project Integration Workshops, Hazid Workshops, Incident Investigation etc.
- Conduct regular reviews to ensure that the project Construction Phase Plan is being updated by the Principal Contractor and reflects works being undertaken.
- Assist with the review of all Principal Contractor and client appointed suppliers/contractors RAMS & SHE documentation prior to mobilisation.
- Attend site inductions (where possible) to raise awareness of the Client's Renewable Capital Projects SHE standards and Safety Family requirements.
- Attend toolbox talks / safety stand down moments where possible.
- Assist the site Project Team with the review of Principal Contractors sub-contractor RAMS ensuring they are relevant & that works are being carried out in accordance with them.
- Offer support to the Principal Contractors SHE department where possible, including conducting joint safety inspections.
- Ensure all safety notice boards are maintained with up to date information.
- Ensure the Principal Contractor has relevant Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) in place for all site activity.
- Ensure the Principal Contractor has in place a project specific emergency plan, (including a winter working plan) and that all other emergency plans on site link into the overarching Principal Contractor document.
- Ensure the adequate number of first aiders on site.
- Carry out site audits both individually and jointly with the Principal Contractor C and ensure these are recorded on and filed in the relevant project folders. Follow up on any actions arising.
- Assist the Principal Contractor with organising and facilitating site-based emergency drills.
- Attend and participate in (where relevant) site SHE meetings.
- Ensure that the Safety Family is rolled out on site engaging on a regular basis with all site operatives / personnel.
- Ensure all accidents / incidents are reported under the 30min. reporting rule and that a SEAR has been raised. Follow up and assist with preparing reports whilst ensuring any lessons learned are shared with other Projects teams.
- Encourage site-based operatives to raise SEARS, including positive observations.
- Ensure monthly KPI / SEARS statistics are provided to the Renewables Capital Projects SHE Team on a monthly basis and with specified reporting timescales.
Skills and qualifications
- Hold a recognised qualification in Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Management - minimum NEBOSH Certificate/NEBOSH Construction certificate.
- Experience of working with and applying SHE policies and strategies within a construction site environment.
- Have a working knowledge of the requirements of the CDM Regulations;
- Understand design and construction activities and relevant hazards likely to be encountered.
- Be a Team Player with an ability to demonstrate a high level of Interpersonal skills to liaise with all levels of staff and contractors.
- Demonstrate an ability to motivate / and influence contractors to implement and action advice where given.
- Have excellent communication skills with a well structured, practical, systematic and hands-on approach.
- The ability to instinctively spot accuracy issues and anticipate the dangers.
- The ability to identify and analyse problems, understand risks and implement appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment and adaptability to working in other cultures, particularly in a SHE environment.
- Detailed knowledge of current SHE Legislation.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search