Technical TrainerOur client is a developer and manufacturer of products used in underwater applications i.e. sonar systems, seismology, mapping, measuring currents.They are looking for a Technical Trainer to be able to design, develop and deliver customer and in-house training courses, workshops and other learning initiatives/activities relating to the use of equipment, with the primary aims of meeting customer requirements and promoting the effective use of their systems offshore.Your responsibilities:
- To design and deliver customer and in-house training courses for LBL, USBL, INS and other navigation systems through a variety of teaching methods, factoring the audience's requirements, considering the trainees skill and knowledge base and the level of complexity of training needed. This could involve delivery face to face at the Plymouth training facility, regional offices, customer offices or via WebEx or through an e-learning environment.
- To obtain and develop a comprehensive understanding of the operational use of systems. This may involve offshore trips to refresh/maintain operational skills, in order to create and revise associated training material which explains and clearly describes the technology and its effective operational use, core capabilities, and safe operation.
- To prepare the training environment and configure the systems and simulators prior to a training session and to assist the Training Coordinator, when necessary, in the collation of material for that course.
- To provide guidance and support to the regional office trainers and to set the standards they must follow in terms of course material, delivery, practicals, examination standards, etc.
- To use the Learning Management System (LMS) as a means of controlling the issue of training material, planning of courses, reserving of training resources, issuing of certificates, etc.
- To develop, maintain and produce regular reports through the LMS (Learning Management System) and other ways, which track and monitor course development, participant feedback, training course statistics, pass rates/examination grades, etc and to communicate trends and patterns to the Director and to share free format feedback from training events with the Global Business Managers and Sales Teams that gives insight on customer projects, sales opportunities and general market intelligence/information.
- To develop and deliver other customer learning events such as workshops, demonstrations and 'lunch and learn' sessions at company facilities and customer sites in the UK and internationally.
- To adopt and maintain trainer and student accreditation schemes and then to utilise these schemes/frameworks to assess and grade trainer and trainees utilising face to face observation, written tests/examinations, and continued/regular assessment techniques
- To establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal staff across the international Regional offices in particular those responsible for training coordination, Systems Test, Engineering, Sales, and Customer Support promoting a collaborative working style and to ensure a unified standard of and approach to training across the Group.
- To keep up to date with the latest developments, with in house technology and product advances.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Theoretical and strong operational knowledge of the company's and/or equivalent third party LBL and USBL products and systems and their application in the field
- A knowledge of learning styles, teaching methods and blended learning techniques
- A working knowledge of e-learning authoring
- Experience in delivery of technical presentations, training sessions, workshops, and other learning activities
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in Hydrographic Survey or related discipline
- Certified/qualified to deliver training
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search