Role - Protection & Control Engineer (P&C Engineer)
Location - Scotland (Preferably Glasgow / Perth / Inverness / Aberdeen)
Start Date - ASAP
Duration - 6 Months + Possible Extension
Rates - £550+ D.O.E Daily Rate Inside IR35 via Umbrella
Clearance Level - BPSS
- Assess and define the technical scope of protection and control requirements for new build substations and modifications to existing.
- Prepare outline scheme designs, key line diagrams, protection setting calculations and setting files for relays, and support the implementation of IEC61850 solutions.
- Review third-party contractor/consultant detailed designs and witness FAT, as well as provide support for field teams to ensure quality of installations.
- Evaluate tenders and procure/manage specialist services from consultants.
- Support multi-disciplinary project teams in identifying and managing engineering risks and identifying opportunities for the project to excel.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Qualified to a minimum of HND level in Electrical Engineering.
- Demonstrable technical skills in Transmission protection and control specification and scheme design, as well as the skills to calculate protection settings for implementation.
- Confidence to technically assess engineering problems and critically assess a range of technical solutions.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to demonstrate diligence and prioritise tasks, as well as a thorough understanding of relevant legislation, including CDM and ESQCR, and the implications of this for Transmission network management.
- Ideally, candidates should be Chartered Engineers or working towards this. Our Client fully recognise, encourages and supports our engineers in this and their continued professional development.
Please note that applications will also be considered from engineers with less experience, with a starting salary commensurate with experience levels. Training and development will be provided to ensure progress.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search