Service and Repair Technician Our client develops products used in challenging maritime and underwater environments. Typical products are Autonomous Underwater Vehicles, tracking devices, environmental survey systems and sonar systems. ...
They are looking for someone to conduct rigorous electronic test practices and procedures, from final level to component, across the full range of products with strict conformance to standard time and quality targets.
- To carry out testing, adjustment and repair if necessary of PCBs, chassis and final assembly level of products as prioritised by customer demand in co-ordination with departmental supervision and sales administration.
- To be able to provide repair quotations liaising with sales administration/customer.
- To have sufficient operational knowledge of the ERP system to satisfy the Repair Department's activities.
- To operate administrative procedures and maintain records within the Repair and Test Department.
- To assist, when required, other Repair Technicians in the completion of their tasks.
- To promote good working practices in all tasks and responsibilities.
- To highlight any specification or design error to either the engineer responsible or relevant supervisor and rectify if possible.
- To provide support in the absence of the Repair Co-ordinator when requested.
- To understand, observe and apply a 'safety first' approach at all times, complying with Company policies, procedures and practices relating to Occupational Health & Safety, including all provisions in the Safety System (SMS01/ SMS02) e.g. completion of JSA's, wearing of PPE, following Safe Working Practice instructions, undertaking H&S training and escalation of any observations of activities or aspects that could adversely impact employees' health and safety, or others, resulting from personal or work activities.
- To understand and comply with all Company Policies and Procedures.
- The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Proven track record of diagnostic fault finding down to component level
- Competent in the use of various testing tools, i.e. Scopes, DVM's, Power Supplies, Time Counter etc. Additionally be mechanically proficient and able to disassemble and reassemble products
- Ability to read and interpret technical data, i.e. engineering drawings, circuit diagrams, assembly drawings etc.
- An experienced PC user
- Good manual dexterity
- Minimum requirement: HNC Electronics or equivalent qualification in an electronic discipline plus hands on experience.
Rewards & benefits
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Performance Related Bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and the opportunity to purchase up to 5 days annual leave
- Working arrangements scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Life assurance scheme
- Christmas shutdown
- Cycle to work scheme
- Recruitment referral scheme
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search