Role - Contracts Manager
Location - Mostly Remote, Occasional Office Attendance (Glasgow)
Start Date - ASAP
Duration - 6 Months + Possible Extension
Rate - £550 Daily Rate Inside IR35 via Umbrella
Clearance Level - BPSS
What are the opportunities?
- Our Client has a strong pipeline of projects Offshore/Onshore and Hydro as part of their ambitious £12.5bn net capital investment plan. This new programme will see our client enable delivery of over a quarter of the UK's 40GW wind target by 2030 supporting progress to towards net zero.
- We're looking for Contract Managers (Ideally Quantity Surveying Discipline Focused) to join their Offshore Renewables Procurement and Commercial team to support the client's project pipeline in the UK, Ireland and internationally to support the design, and delivery of commercially successful bids and strategies.
- This will encompass projects across all stages of the development process from inception of the project right through to hand over of completed projects to the Operation and Maintenance teams.
About the Role
As Contract Manager, you will be responsible for the commercial management and administration of contracts within the organisation. You will work on some of the most innovative and largest Offshore Projects and opportunities in the world. The role will ensure successful delivery in accordance with time, cost and quality associated with all internal policies and procedures, this involves but is not limited to estimating, cost and budget management, payment & expenditure management, contract administration, dispute resolution, supplier engagement, general procurement and commercial guidance and support as required including departmental delivery of objectives such as savings in total cost of ownership, value engineering and safety performance.
Other accountabilities may include:
- Supporting all pre and post contract commercial matters including negotiating /agreeing conditions of contract, contract management and ensure that the core principles of the Commercial Manual are being implemented.
- Cost data reconciliations and cost estimating to support bid opportunities
- Cost benchmarking and analysis to support pricing competitiveness
- Support preparation of cost report outputs including value of works done, risks, claims & variations
- Managing the procurement of essential work scopes, procuring at lowest cost of ownership and in accordance with the principle of efficiency and best value. This includes covering all commercial, business and legal project risks in contracts and negotiating terms and conditions within own area of responsibility to ensure ongoing value for money throughout the lifetime of the contract
- Complying with all safety policies and procedures, promote safety and safe working practices both internally and externally to improve safety performance
- Building and supporting the development of relationships with main suppliers/contractors and liaise with points of contact on project(s) / contract(s)
- Delivering all project contracts within approved budget authorisations
What do I need?
- We are looking for individuals who are degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or equivalent qualification and may either have, or be working towards, professional membership of a relevant technical or professional body, for example the MRICS, MCIARB
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Commercial, contract or cost experience in delivering large capital projects
- Experience of estimating, sourcing management, cost & budget management and contract administration
- Experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts with understanding of the relevant conditions of contract in supporting strategic projects/contracts.
- Experience of analysing cost information and benchmarking to support cost modelling
- Awareness of the processes relating to procurement strategy.
About our Client
- Our Client is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. They drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally.
- As their ambitions and projects grow, so do their teams, meaning they can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search