Role - HSE Manager (Offshore Wind)
Location - Hybrid - Regular Visits to Head Office and Site/Vessel
Start Date - ASAP
Duration - 12 Months + Extensions
Rates - £650 - £680 Daily Rate Inside IR35 via Umbrella
Clearance - BPSS
Description of role
This role will focus on supporting wind farm renewable projects, ensuring that the project is delivered safely and efficiently.
The HSE Manager is responsible for driving the implementation of the HSE management system and practices to ensure HSE standards and requirements are achieved throughout the construction project.
- Promote and encourage everyone on site to embrace the Safety Family while promoting a positive safety culture on the Wind Farm project through active involvement.
- Provide HSE support for Project Safety Reviews (PSR's), F10 notification information, Pre-Construction Information, site set up (mobilisation), HSE Risk Register, Project Integration Workshops, Hazid Workshops, Incident Investigation etc.
- Conduct regular reviews to ensure that the project Construction Phase Plan is being updated by the Principal Contractor and reflects works being undertaken.
- Review of all Principal Contractor and client appointed suppliers/contractors RAMS & HSE documentation prior to mobilisation.
- Attend site inductions (where possible) to raise awareness of the Client's Renewable Projects HSE standards and Safety Family requirements.
- Attend toolbox talks / safety stand down moments where possible.
- Assist the site Project Team with the review of Principal Contractors sub-contractor RAMS ensuring they are relevant & that works are being carried out in accordance with them.
- Offer support to the Principal Contractors HSE department where possible, including conducting joint safety inspections.
- Ensure all safety notice boards are maintained with up to date client information.
- Ensure the Principal Contractor has relevant Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) in place for all site activity.
- Ensure the Principal Contractor has in place a project specific emergency plan, (including a winter working plan) and that all other emergency plans on site link into the overarching Principal Contractor document.
- Ensure the adequate number of first aiders on site.
- Carry out site audits both individually and jointly with the Principal Contractor C and ensure these are recorded on and filed in the relevant project folders. Follow up on any actions arising.
- Assist the Principal Contractor with organising and facilitating site-based emergency drills.
- Attend and participate in (where relevant) site HSE meetings.
- Ensure that the Safety Family is rolled out on site engaging on a regular basis with all site operatives / personnel.
- Ensure all accidents / incidents are reported under the 30min. reporting rule and that a SEAR has been raised. Follow up and assist with preparing reports whilst ensuring any lessons learned are shared with other Projects teams.
- Encourage site-based operatives to raise SEARS, including positive observations.
- Ensure monthly KPI / SEARS statistics are provided to the Renewables Projects HSE Team on a monthly basis and with specified reporting timescales.
- Hold a recognised qualification in Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Management - minimum NEBOSH Certificate/NEBOSH Construction certificate.
- Experience of working with and applying HSE policies and strategies within a construction site environment.
- Have a working knowledge of the requirements of the CDM Regulations
- Understand design and construction activities and relevant hazards likely to be encountered.
- Have Construction experience from the PC and Client Side
- Be a Team Player with an ability to demonstrate a high level of Interpersonal skills to liaise with all levels of staff and contractors.
- Demonstrate an ability to motivate / and influence contractors to implement and action advice where given.
- Have excellent communication skills with a well structured, practical, systematic and hands-on approach.
- The ability to instinctively spot accuracy issues and anticipate the dangers.
- The ability to identify and analyse problems, understand risks and implement appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment and adaptability to working in other cultures, particularly in a HSE environment.
- Detailed knowledge of current HSE Legislation.
- Full GWOs
- HUET & CAEBS
- Medical & Chester Step
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search