Role - Appointed Person - Heavy Lift
Location - Northeast / Hybrid
Start Date - ASAP
Duration - Initial 12 Month Contract + Possible Extensions
Working Pattern - Full-Time
Rates - £700 - £750 Daily Rate Inside IR35 via Umbrella
Clearance - BPSS
- Part of the Construction Management Team, reporting to the Construction and Senior Project Manager Site Manager within the Principal Contractor (PC) organization, with responsibilities for all aspects of offshore construction management.
- Familiarisation with the project, including but not limited to review of relevant parts of the EPC contract, method statements and risk assessments as well as procedures - this may include commenting and attendance to meetings and workshops as required,
- Act as Project Appointed Person for internal as well as external stakeholders on site and maintain Project interests in all belongings - this shall include conducting "stop the works" measures in case this is reasonably required,
- Proactive early identification and follow-up of risks which require to be further mitigated,
- Function as Appointed Person to the attending MWS (if required) and the Project Certification Agency or any other third party.
- Ensure the contractor(s) conducts LMRAs - last minute risk assessments - just prior to critical operations and to ensure these are carried out with sufficient commitment and quality,
- Report status, opportunities, problems and suggest improvements to the Employers management team Onshore
- Coordinating offshore installation of turbines and Inter-turbine cables through the project PTW system and offshore access controls with the primary focus on Health and Safety.
- Reviewing and accepting on behalf of the PC all risk assessments / method statements (RAMS).
- Understanding of the offshore / onshore construction works for an offshore wind farm, adapting and modifying RAMS submissions to reflect the daily changing circumstances that occur during construction.
- Supporting the PC and Construction management teams in the executing of their roles.
- Providing defined construction report, for inclusion in the monthly reports.
- Raising alerts to any perceived trends relating to HSE risks or transgressions developing offshore / onshore as they arise, e.g. Early Warning.
- Instructing the Contractor to stop Works for immediate Health, Safety and protection of Environment reasons.
- Promptly identifying and notifying on any issue that may arise or have the potential during the works and assisting with resolving any issues.
- Advising the PC / Construction team on lifting operations offshore and onshore.
Relevant experience in other Offshore Scopes will be an advantage including:
- Heavy Lift Works
- WTG Installation
- IAC installation
- Construction Management
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search