GCU are a specialised contractor that offers a full suite of services to several key sectors including Utilities, Telecommunications, Civil Engineering and Traffic Management and are looking for a vehicle mechanic to join the team in Glasgow
As a vehicle mechanic you will be reporting to the Transport Manager and will be responsible for the maintenance, inspection, repair and testing of the Company's plant and equipment.Key Responsibilities:
- To maintain, inspect, repair and test GCU's plant and equipment and have working knowledge of fault diagnosis
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles to DVSA inspection manual standards
- Carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Prepare and present vehicles for 6 weekly inspections and annual MOT inspections
- Experience of small plant repair would be advantageous such as Whacker Plates, Mini diggers
You will need:
- HGV trained,
- HGV licence category C minimum
- previous experience working in a relevant Fitter / Technician role.
GCU provides turnkey civil & telecommunication solutions to many of the UK and Ireland's leading infrastructure clients, we have a breadth of work across the UK and a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future. Should this position be of interest, apply now or get in touch for more details.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted