Carbon60 are currently recruiting for multiple Mechanical Assemblers/Fitters to join a well known engineering company based in Orton Southgate, Peterborough. The company design, builds and services advanced water treatment units that can be used within a variety of sectors.
This position will focus on the physical build of the products, this will involve varied mechanical assembly within the workshop working alongside electrical technician and other engineers within the business.
The ideal candidate will either have previous mechanical assembly experience or we can consider trainees that have qualified within a relevant field.
This Mechanical Assembler role will be on a rolling 6 month contract basis.
Working times are 07:30 - 16:30 Monday to Friday. 37.5 hour week.
Standard Rate is £14 - £15 per hour (PAYE) for experienced Mechanical Assembler/Fitters £12 per hour (PAYE) for trainees with relevant qualifications in and engineering field. Overtime is available at time and a half for all hour up to 45. Double time for hours after 45 and triple time for bank holiday.
Further Responsibilities will include:
- Working from detailed engineering drawings.
- Use of all bench tools such as sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers etc.
- work within a team consisting of both mechanical and electrical fitter.
- Carry out maintenance tasks as and when required.
- Adhere to the company health and safety procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous mechanical fitting/assembly experience is essential for this role.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings.
- Any experience with PVC pipework and valves or previous water sector knowledge is highly advantageous however this is not essential as training can be provided.
Immediate starts for this role are available with interviews being held shortly. For more information please contact Craig at
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted