Position: Electronics Design Engineer
Are you an experienced digital electronics design engineer? Are you ambitious and would relish the opportunity to grow your career in a high-technology engineering company? If the answer is 'yes' to these questions then we would love to hear from you.
Our Client is a global leader in the supply of Air Traffic Control communications solutions typically exporting to 80 countries a year, operating from a base in the East Midlands just outside Peterborough. They are a highly dynamic international company that designs and manufactures a range of high technology communication equipment. They have been awarded PLATINUM Level in Investors In People accreditation (only 2% of organisations achieve platinum) and have a fantastic opportunity for a digital electronics design engineer to join their organisation and compliment the Product Engineering team working in product design and development.
What you'll be working on
As a member of the development team, you will carry out electronics design and development to meet project requirements. You will be an innovative thinker with the ability to both work under your own initiative and with others. The focus will be on digital circuit design, with some analogue circuit design.
The role is to work as part of a small team to design communications products in line with internal engineering and quality procedures, to include:
- Requirements capture and analysis, architectural and detailed design
- Processor selection
- Component identification and specification
- PCB layout and specification
- Prototype PCB evaluation and troubleshooting
- Hardware integration and test
- Test plan development and execution
- Test report writing
- Technical documentation
- Holding and participating in reviews at all levels
Who we're looking for
Essential skills and abilities we are looking for from the digital electronics design engineer candidates will include practical experience of the following:
- Digital circuit design, prototyping and development
- Minimum 2 years' experience
Desirable skills and abilities that would be advantageous include the following:
- Analogue circuit design, prototyping and development
- 5+ years' experience
- Experience of design for analogue and digital interfaces
- Circuit simulation
- Altium PCB CAD software
- FPGA firmware design
- Basic understanding of network technologies
- Experience using scripting languages e.g. python
- Methodical approach with demonstrable communication and planning skills
- Introduction of new products into a manufacturing environment
- Experience of the full product development lifecycle
- Have a 1st or 2:1 class degree (or equivalent) in a relevant technical subject
Who you'll be joining
In return you will be joining an organisation that is considered World class, especially in its investment in people, being one in 300 companies Worldwide that has achieved PLATINUM status accreditation. As well as receiving a competitive salary, you will also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Our core benefits include flexitime systems, 25 days annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, employee reward and recognition scheme, employee assistance programme and wellbeing services, free parking, along with a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We will also support with Continuing Professional Development, including professional memberships and registration where applicable.
We are a global leader in the supply of Air Traffic Control communications solutions, designing and manufacturing a range of high technology communication equipment.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted