Our client are a leading engineering specialist operating in the water industry. A role is available for a Workshop Engineer to work in their Thirsk based workshop on a permanent basis.
What will I be doing?
Based in Thirsk, North Yorkshire, this role will is to undertake the maintenance, service and repair of industrial drainage pumping equipment in our pump repair facility.
- Based in the Thirsk Workshop as part of a team with Customer Pump Repairs including mechanical strip down to establish the extent of the pumps failure, electrical submersible and diesel end suction.
- Working with the Flygt Service Guide to confirm what parts are required to repair the failed pump.
- Isolate, dismantle and inspect pumping equipment, including moving parts and lubricants.
- Examine and report any defects to the Workshop Supervisor.
- Supply details, measurements, and full descriptions of any components that require replacement.
- Work as part of a team where health and safety demands.
- Carry out both planned and reactive pump repairs as scheduled in a timely manner.
- Working in both an indoor & outdoor environment in different weather conditions on a daily basis.
- To undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job.
- Standard hours of work are 39 per week however a totally flexible working attitude is necessary to meet the client and business needs.
We Offer Competitive basic salary, Pension, Flexible benefits, 25 days holiday, Healthcare Plan, Share Save.
Skills / Education / Qualifications Required
- Performance Engineering Operations and NVQ level 1 & 2 & 3 or suitable equivalent.
- B-Tec first diploma level 2 would be useful but not essential.
- Good knowledge of 3 phase Submersible pumps, associated equipment, 3 phase industrial electrics, fault finding and testing of electrical components.
- Full driving license
- Able to use a PDA system.
- A medical will be required before commencement.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search